Delta Eta Philanthropy
Since the institution of the Sigma Kappa at UCM in 1959, the Delta Eta chapter has participated in numerous philanthropy activities and events. These events include:
- The Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Maine Seacoast Mission
- The Sigma Kappa Foundation
- Inherit the Earth
- Run For Freedom - this is a 5K raising money for our local veterans home. Members are welcome to run the 5K, but for those who choose not to, we post ourselves along the route with signs cheering on and encouraging the runners.
- Highway/Park Clean ups - this is usually conducted with a corresponding UCM fraternity.
- SigKap and Cheese - this is Delta Eta's unique event that raises money for any of the organizations shown above by selling macaroni and cheese. This event is hosted on the UCM campus, available to all students.
- Blaine Whitworth 5k - this is a 5k that we participate in during Greek Week to support a fellow Delta Eta sister who lost her son.